Wednesday, June 27, 2007

For the love of a child

I have been meaning to type this up for the past few days but life has been busy. Monday we dropped our daughter off at camp. Driving her down and saying good-bye for the week made me realize how quickly time flies. This isn't the first time she has gone to camp, nor the first time she has went away for a week but for some reason this time it feels like my little girl is growing up too fast. Maybe it has to do with the fact that she is turning ten in just over a month- am I really getting old that quickly? I don't know what it is but my little girl is growing up and I'm not so sure I like it!
The other thing I have come to realize in the couple of days that Charlotte has been gone has to do with just how much I have come to rely on my girls. The oldest two have helped me out so much. Each child takes a turn helping mom in the kitchen. When it isn't Charlotte or Devorah's turn they are taking care of the baby for me. Devorah hasn't been able to do much in the kitchen while Charlotte is gone because I keep needing her to help with the baby. I am so thankful for my girls. While Dh is out of commission with his injuries they have really stepped up and helped a lot. I think I need to take the two of them out for some mom time and show them a little appreciation.

No comments: