Sunday, August 17, 2008

Does it make a difference?

I went to church today, I think. Its a little hard to tell sometimes when I've been there. The routine is something like this- go to church for Sunday School and sit in the nursery the whole time with Ben (1.5) because there is nothing else to do with him and he wont sit still for class. Then church starts and I go in for praise and worship. As soon as the singing is over- if I am lucky I might make it through the offering -Ben starts fussing and needs to leave the room. Then I go to the nursery and sit as he wont go in there without me most of the time. Do they still do sermons at church? I can't remember the last time I sat through one! I am going to have to start listening to them online more often so that I can at least get a little bit of something for the week. Danny got something out of the sermon today, so at least I know it was a good one.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Hi again, Kate! God knows your heart and knows that you are attempting to do what He wants and be where He wants you to be. Right now, it seems to me that He wants you to be with Ben - even when you're at church! Peace, my sister in Christ!

Susanna said...

It is hard isn't it? Do they relay services through anywhere? Or can you take turns with your husband to sit out? Or will anyone else offer to sit out for you? Online sermons are great.....when you can find the time! I try to listen to one on a Sunday evening when the children are in bed but it doesn't happen that often. But yes, it is worth it. You are seeking to keep the Lord's day and setting a goldy example to your children.