The first recipe is from Tammy's Recipes. If you haven't checked out her site you should. It has a wealth of information on it (and she is from here in northern Ohio as well!). The recipe we tried is Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins.
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 3/4 cups pumpkin
1/2 cup oil
2 cups nuts, optional
2 cups butterscotch chips/morsels
1. Combine all dry ingredients. Add pumpkin, eggs, and oil. Mix until smooth. Add nuts if desired and the butterscotch chips.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.
The other recipe is a bit less healthy, I found this one on Allrecipes.com
Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed gingersnap cookies, pecans, and butter. Press into the bottom, and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake crust 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla just until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture. Blend 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the remaining mixture.
- Spread the pumpkin flavored batter into the crust, and drop the plain batter by spoonfuls onto the top. Swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, or until filling is set. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool before removing pan rim. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Now for a verse that has spoken to me lately. That would be a scripture that was read on Sunday in our worship time at church.
1 Chronicles 16:8-10
8 Oh give thanks to the LORD, call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples.
9Sing to Him, sing praises to Him;
Speak of all His wonders.
10Glory in His holy name;
Let the heart of those who seek the LORD be glad.