Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Blogger Friend School #9 Bountiful Blessings


For this week's assignment, we are suppose to first list three bountiful blessings that the Lord has provided for us. It amazes me that even in the midst of all the junk there is so much to be thankful for.
1) Even though my husband hasn't been able to work for two years now, he is here and his back is improving some (he has been doing his own therapy three days a week at a local pool).
2) We are surrounded by so many family members and friends that love us and care for us.
3) We have six wonderful children who bless my life more then I deserve.
4) My oldest two daughters were baptized two weeks ago (I am hoping to post some pictures here soon).
5) The Lord has found me important enough to him to send his son to die for me.

That's more then three but I usually post a list every Thursday of 13 things I am thankful for, so that is a start to this weeks list. Come back tomorrow and see the other eight.

Next I am suppose to share about our Thanksgiving Celebrations past or present.

My family spends the day with my dad and that side of the family. My dad and step-mom host the meal. I keep saying that maybe I will host it one year, but trying to get everyone in my house and seated at a table scares me off! We usually have the usual foods- turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, etc. Our family is really laid back at most holidays- Christmas is the big one for us.




Here is a picture of me on Thanksgiving 04 pregnant with Timothy- can you tell I get really big with my babies? I wasn't due for another two months!







This is also from 04. This is my dad with Charlotte (my oldest) and Daniel (then my youngest but now the oldest of the three boys).








Last picture to share is from 05. This is my oldest four with their older (and intensely admired) cousin Samael. Timothy was around but at ten months was probably hanging around with mommy.




My verse to share is suppose to remind me of my blessings. The one the girls are memorizing this week is really good at reminding my how much God loves me and cares for me.

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

2 comments:

momofmhasr said...

What great pictures!

Christy said...

Your family looks so happy. Sounds like you all have great holidays together. Thanks for sharing.
Christy