This week's installment of my thankful thirteen includes thirteen natural things I am thankful for:
1) Rain- its been a rather dry summer here and even though we didn't get a lot of rain today, it has rained and every bit counts. T read more about why I like rain read this.
2) Butterflies- they are delicate and colorful. The whole metamorphosis thing is incredible.
3) Hawks and falcons- they are really neat to watch in flight and then there is the whole fact they they can be trained.
4) Rainbows- if light hits in the exact right way it breaks apart into all the colors of the spectrum. Only by God's hand!
5) Wind- there is nothing like a nice breeze blowing.
6) The ocean- I was going to say just the waves, but then there is the sound, the smell, the feel. I have to say the whole ocean.
7) Sunshine- am I the only one who completely understands cats' and their napping in the sunshine?
8) Waterfalls- the quiet calm of gentle little ones or the power of big strong ones.
9) Lilacs- I inherited my love of this sweet smelling flower from my mother.
10) The stars- I admit, I love star gazing. Unfortunately there aren't many visible around here.
11) Color- there is such an incredible range of colors out there in nature.
12) Fire- I love a good bonfire, to sit in from of it and let the flames mesmerize me.
13) The Creator- of course I have to end this list of nature I am thankful for without being thankful for the one who created it all.