Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday's Thankful Thirteen(3)

Today I thought I would spend my 13 thankful points on thirteen of God's attributes that I am thankful for.

1) His love that is unconditional

2) His total patience with me as I fumble my way through life.

3) His holiness- I am rather glad that we worship a God that is so big, so incredible, so *awesome.* I don't worship no ten cent variety store god, he is the God of the universe.

4) His desire to have a relationship with me- a close and personal relationship with me.

5) His gentleness, he never deals with us too roughly or out of anger but with the most gentleness.

6) He cares ever so much for us all. He knows the number of hairs on my head and hears ever sparrow fall.

7) His perfect timing. God is never late- even when we may think he is taking too long he is still right on time.

8) His creativity- have you looked around recently, or better yet read something about what really goes on at microscopic levels? This is an infinitely complex word we live in and it makes me laugh every so often when I see man acting like he knows so much about this or that.

9) His boldness- if God's got a problem with you he has no qualms about flat out telling you- look at the way Jesus handled the scribes and the pharisees.

10) God never sleeps or takes a vacation. He is always there when I need him.

11) The way he so uniquely fits the hole that exists in the heart of every single human being ever born.

12) God never breaks a promise. His word is his word.

13) His forgiveness that he gives over and over and over.

No comments: