Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hitting you when your low

Today I have come to the conclusion that the devil is a very smart being. It seems that he so well knows the human race and so well knows me. Today I was not having a good day emotionally. I have really been struggling lately with life. Nothing really big, just tired and drained from all of the junk that has been going on around here. So, knowing just how I have been feeling, Satan gave me a blow I didn't expect.
Knowing that he is smart, the question is- How am I going to react to this? The devil wants to get me so out of focus in life that I become ineffective. If he can get me so wrapped up in my doldrums and keep me concentrating on the junk then I wont have the time or attention to give to the parts of life that really matter. My husband, my kids, those around me who need to be ministered to.
Not only will the devil succeed in getting me off focus and away from the things I should be concentrating on, but what little attention I do give them will not be positive. I know many times when I have been so caught up in worry or trouble that I have allowed it to sour my mood. Kinda like when the bills are piling high and the stress builds, all of a sudden next thing the kids are getting yelled at. Its not that the kids are doing anything wrong its just nerves are frazzled.
Did the devil succeed today? Unfortunately yes, for a few hours or so. However I am back in gear now. I need sleep, but I have pulled myself back under God's sheltering wing. Whatever is going on is nothing that He can't handle. I may not understand it, or know what the next step is, but He does and that is what is important.
Isaiah 40.31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

No comments: