Wednesday, June 13, 2007

On being a morning person

I am not a morning person. That is not to say that I don't like getting up early, if I have to I will. What I mean is that no matter how much sleep I got the night before or how early or late I am getting up I need some time to fully wake up and get my thoughts together and start my day. I don't like to jump right into things but want to take a little bit to get myself together.
Unfortunately, my boys don't share my feelings. Daniel(4) and Timothy(2) think that the day is a waste if they aren't up at 6:30, 7:00 every morning. To them, to sleep till 7:30 is sleeping in. Once they wake up they immediately switch things into full gear. By the time they have been dressed and taken downstairs they have usually been either 1) punished for getting into something they shouldn't have or 2) woke up everyone else in the house with all of their running around or 3) fought over something that neither of them were really suppose to have. Needless to say they do not get their rambunctious energetic personalities from me.
On the other hand maybe God is punishing me for all those times I, as a stay at home mom, looked at people who had to get up early for work every morning and stuck my tongue out cause I got to sleep in.

1 comment:

artsyclay said...

Thank you for posting on my blog about your girls learning Psalm 139...that's wonderful!

This post about your early-rising boys made me smile...takes me back to when mine were little and up at the crack of dawn. I've never been a morning person and looked forward to nap time, more for me than for them!

May God bless you and give you all the love and patience you need. Wow! Six kids! (I have three sons who are grown and a 16 year old step-son.)