Monday, June 11, 2007

Name Meme

I saw this on someone else's blog and thought I would do it as well, so here are the kids names and what they mean.

Charlotte- Little and Womanly
I like to tease my husband about Charlotte's name. When we were naming her, his favorite basketball team was the Charlotte Hornets. I always tell everyone that we named her after them. In all reality it was a good friend of ours who thought of naming her Charlotte.

Devorah-
To Speak Kind Words
We wanted a name from the Bible but didn't really like Deborah. When we saw this Hebrew variation we knew that was it.

Abigail-
Father of Joy or a Father's Joy

Daniel-
God is my Judge
Dan always wanted his firstborn son to be a Jr. He never knew that meant waiting till number four to finally get his wish!

Timothy-
To Honor God

Benjamin-
Son of My Right Hand

That is all the kids. We didn't name them after any of the grandparents or relatives. Except for Charlotte's name and Devorah's middle name, they are all biblical names.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know you posted this. I think it is so interesting to learn why people chose the names they did. Such a BIG job!

Blessings!

Jamin

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/jaminacema