Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday's Thankful Thirteen (16)

I want to say off the bat that I really don't *feel* like giving thanks much today (although yesterday was worse, I'm doing better now then I was). Difficult decisions loom with Dan's health and work situation and all paths seem dismal. Therefore I am looking forward to this list as I know when you get your eyes off your circumstances and look up things look better.

1) After getting rather overwhelmed with the junk of life yesterday I took the kids to hear the band my dad is in. They sang quite a few really good praise songs that I like and my heart was lifted when I left.

2) Tim (age 2 3/4) is showing more interest in potty stuff. Hes still a ways off, but we are making progress.

3) The Bible where God so graciously left us His word to help guide us and lift us up.

4) Isaiah 40:31
But they who wait upon the Lord will get new strength. They will rise up with wings like eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not become weak.

5) CALLING OUT TO YOU by Tommy Walker
Verse:
Lord You have told us, Lord You have promised that if Your
people would pray
That You would hear from heaven, You would send your mercy
And touch us with Your strong healing Hand
Chorus:
So we’re calling out to You, crying out to You
Forgive us of our sin, heal our land
As we seek Your holy face, turn from all our wicked ways
Hear from heaven even now as we pray

6) Romans 5:3-5
3Not only so, but we[c] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

7) A good support system

8) The freedom to homeschool

9) My family is all alive, well and healthy.

10) For another day

11) Being chosen by God to be the one honored enough to watch these six children as they grow, discover and learn.

12) A husband who loves and supports me.

13) That my husband and I share a common goal in Christ.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like how you said "for another day" - even when things look so bad that we can't think straight we can always be thankful for another day :)

Family W said...

I'm sorry Kate... but you're right... your list is encouraging. It's always right to look upward. What our circumstances tell us has nothing to do with WHO our God is. :) He is bigger than our current situations and He WILL move in time... His time. I know how hard it is to wait, I've been there. I pray His answer will come quickly... you're in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings, Lynn