This week I have 13 things about autumn I am thankful for.
1) The leaves- of course! The colors are incredible.
2) A break in the heat of summer. I like summer, but I always welcome the cooler warmth of fall.
3) The smell of cool air and fallen leaves.
4) The taste of a fall Ohio apple. Starting in Oct. they start carrying locally grown apples in the grocery store. Washington apples have nothing on Ohio's!
5) Apple cider- try cooking oatmeal with apple cider instead of water, some apple chunks and cinnamon.
6) Pumpkin- cheesecake, rolls, scones
7) I look at fall as the quiet place of rest after the trials by fire (summer). After God has let you go through a real trial he sometimes gives you a peaceful place of rest- to me that is what autumn is.
8) The colors- not just the leaves but all the autumn colors.
11) That the cold weather kills off all the mosquitoes
12) Watching all the animals get ready for winter.
13) The slower pace.