Pan Fried TilapiaServe this flavorful tilapia with French fries or rice and your favorite vegetables.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, or use fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- dash leaf thyme
- dash ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 6 to 8 tilapia fillets
- 1/3 cup Creole mustard or a spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
PREPARATION:Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
In a food processor, combine panko bread crumbs and seasonings; pulse several times, or until bread crumbs are fine. Combine mustard and mayonnaise; coat tilapia fillets with the mixture then coat with bread crumbs.
Fry the coated tilapia fillet in a single layer, turning carefully after about 3 to 4 minutes. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes longer, or until cooked through and lightly browned.
Serves 4 to 6.