Friday, August 31, 2007

Dinner tonight

This is what I made for dinner tonight. It was really good.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/tilapiarecipes/r/bl60908b.htm

Pan Fried Tilapia

Serve this flavorful tilapia with French fries or rice and your favorite vegetables.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs, or use fine dry bread crumbs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • dash leaf thyme
  • dash ground pepper
  • 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
  • 6 to 8 tilapia fillets
  • 1/3 cup Creole mustard or a spicy brown mustard
  • 1/3 cup light mayonnaise

PREPARATION:

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.

In a food processor, combine panko bread crumbs and seasonings; pulse several times, or until bread crumbs are fine. Combine mustard and mayonnaise; coat tilapia fillets with the mixture then coat with bread crumbs.

Fry the coated tilapia fillet in a single layer, turning carefully after about 3 to 4 minutes. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes longer, or until cooked through and lightly browned.
Serves 4 to 6.

1 comment:

Family W said...

I cook tilapia once a week. Its the only kind of fish anyone will eat around here. My husband and I love Mahi-Mahi, but I've never cooked it myself.

The way I prepare tilapia is dusted with flour, pan fried in a little lemon infused olive oil, and then covered in a homemade white wine and butter sauce. Yummy! Even the kids gobble it up.

I love trying new recipes though, and I will definitely try this one. I'll let you know how it turns out. :) Thank you so much for sharing.