Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What fun!

My oldest daughter had a birthday yesterday. She has entered the double digit years, she is now 10 years old. This year we let her have a few friends over for a sleepover. She had four girls come, but only two stayed the night.
They had a lot of fun. I think their favorite thing to do was play twister. We had a fire in the evening with marshmallows to roast for smores. They were up way later then is good for any soul!
For supper last night they had hot dogs, mac and cheese (the recipe I posted here), watermelon and corn on the cob. For breakfast I made up little ordering tickets and Charlotte acted as the waitress taking everyone's orders. There was eggs, sausage, mini donuts, zucchini muffins, and blueberry muffins, along with fruit and drinks. Everything was premade except the eggs. which made it easy for me to just plate the food and serve it. Today for lunch before they left we had a light tea party type thing.
Dan set up the tent in the backyard and they slept out there. They woke up this morning and came inside just before it rained and then had to pull their stuff out of the tent before the rain got it wet. It poured! There has been flash flooding all over and several sections of the freeway were shut done due to flooding and accidents from flooding.
I am thankful for my daughter and all she has meant to us these last 10 years. I am glad we were able to give her a special time to remember (although it will take Dan a few days to recover from doing too much).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLOTTE!!!

2 comments:

Hilda Rebecca said...

Sounds like it was a very succesful party! It always hits me hard when they hit that double digit age.. I only have one left who hasn't yet reached it :0(
I would be interested in the zucchini muffin recipe. I just tried and new baked zuke recipe. All you do is dip strip zukes in italian dressing, roll in bread crumbs and bake @475 for about 10 min., turning them halfway. I only wish I knew where to find bread crumbs w/o high fructose corn syrup in them! Sometimes I go through the trouble of making my own.
Hilda

Family W said...

Aren't girls fun? I just love it! Congratulations on reaching this milestone with her. It sounds like you are very creative and planned a great party for her. I am sure she was greatly blessed by it and will pull this from her memory bank many times over in the years to come. Many blessings to you and your family. :)